Monday, March 3, 2008

Rescue Diver Certified

After a Physical Tiring course which required me to do many physically demanding open water rescuing skills and stamina tests plus at the condition of poor weather and sea state 2 (choppy Seas) with current and lastly a tricky 50 question MCQ theory test with minimum 80% passing citeria... i finally passed my Rescue Diver course....

The open water skills consists of 4 different types of diver tows, unconcious diver on surface rescue, panic diver on surface rescue, throwing of bouyant devices to diver, Egress, underwater unconcious diver rescue, Use of emergancy oxygen, One full scene with unconcious diver on surface+egress+CPR on boat & finally a 800metres Snorkel Swim within 20mins timing. Wanna thank 2 person personally... one is Chris who is my instructor whom i had very gd conversations and coaching from him.... and Amanda... yes Amanda!!!! willing to volunteer as a Panic Diver when i asked her... thanks Amanda! hahaha =)

Well this trip is also my 100th Dive when i do my 1st leisure dive after my rescue course... took some photos... some photos are not ready yet with the 100th dive card... but my 100th dive jump from the top of a 2 story boat is ready.. thanks Norman for the Picture... and had my 1st Beer in my whole life time in the coach back... had a hard time cos is so so so bitter!!! but thanks to all those congrates me! below are the 100th dive plunging pic and remaining picture taken by Norman... The corals had regenerated and so far not bad... all the photos courtesy of Norman!

Preparing for the plunge...taking a look and assess the situation with fear... cos is so freaking high...

100th dive Plunge!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Pharoah Cuttle Fish (hell lots of them) side view

Pharoah Cuttlefish Front Close Up View

Turtle

Porcupine fish

Blue Spotted Stingray

Spider Crab?

Clownfish a.k.a Nemo

Giant Pufferfish spotted by Norman's Group