Saturday, August 28, 2010

Career Interest

After working for almost 1 yr (reaching 11th month), I felt that you really need some motivation or passion to drive you in the job you are working at... For the current job, I guess the only fuel that continues to drive me is the opportunity to learn and prepare for my next career, as the current learning curve is still very steep and hard to climb... I am glad that my Director wants me to learn the important skills and attributes at work that he shared with me a month ago... I know I won't be staying at a same job for more than 5 years... I am somehow targeting to do a switch at least before 30 yrs old... I hope I can learn as much as possible and better equip myself for the next job. The key sector I would wish to see myself developing in the long term would be either:

1) Tourism;
2) Transport;
3) Sports;
4) Environment; or
5) Education

I know I am good at operational matters and events (knowing it through many events i organised in school and my vacation jobs) and I am trying to beef myself by improving my skills in thinking ahead, situation awareness and knowing the urgency to carry out things. My communication skills needs to be improved too... I don't wish to see myself stuck at a level of writing minutes and scheduling meetings day in and out... I wish I can be in a position that I can make decisions to make things happen and be recognised... I really hope God could help me and guide me along the way...